• Wren's Tower
  • The sanctuary; windows by John Hayward
  • Hanging Rood carved by Otto Irsara, a gift from the people of the Federal Republic of Germany
  • The current ring of 12 bells dates from 1961
  • The Blessed Virgin Mary depicted holding the church of St Mary-le-Bow, surrounded by other City churches and their patrons

The City Churches: St Mary-le-Bow

Sir Christopher Wren

place
Cheapside, EC2V 6AU
info_outline
Partial disabled access, Toilets
Founded by William the Conqueror's Archbishop Lanfranc in 1080 (the significant crypt survives) St Mary-le-Bow was rebuilt, notably by Wren after the Great Fire and by Laurence King in 1964 after WWII destruction. Home of Bow Bells.

Design

Original design
Sir Christopher Wren, 1683
Restoration
Laurence King, 1964
Type
Religious
Period
Historical/contemporary