The 2018 programme is now past. We will be launching the 2019 programme mid-August.
18 St Mary-at-Hill, EC3R 8EF
Partial disabled access
Only remaining Georgian hall in the City of London, and perfect example of domestic architecture of the period.
The present Hall dates back to 1780 and is the only original Georgian Hall in the City of London.
It was designed by William Blackburn and is a perfect example of eighteenth century domestic architecture, with parlour and court room.
The Hall was extended in 1983 to include a larger dining and meeting facility: the Freemen's Room, which blends in perfect harmony with the intimate atmosphere with the intimate atmosphere of the rest of the Hall.
The Freemen's Room
Incorporated into the Hall in 1983, this fine room has been extensively refurbished to the most exacting standards. It features extensive natural daylight, but also has the benefit of complete black-out facilities for presentations.
A major feature of the room is a display of some of the Company’s historic uniforms and silver. This includes the coat of the Company Bargemaster and a Doggett’s Coat and Badge presented to the Company by Prince Albert in 1851.
The Court Room
At the heart of the original Georgian building, this beautiful room is ideal for meetings or small receptions.
With its large windows, it enjoys ample daylight and the many fine paintings provide an interesting backdrop and introduction to the Company's history.
Designed by William Blackburn, this room dates back to 1780 and is a perfect example of eighteenth century domestic architecture.
The Silver Room
This delightful wood panelled room contains some of the Company's finest silver treasures. It is a fitting room for meetings, receptions and dining in interesting surroundings giving a flavour of the Company's past.
Situated on the Ground Floor of the original Georgian building with wonderful stained glass window, bookcase and display cases showing some interesting Company artefacts.
This charming, comfortable room is ideal for a small meeting or for discreet dining and dates back to 1780.