• Ingleby memorial window
  • North front
  • Map of 1653
  • 12th Century Norman blocked-up window
  • East end
  • West window

The Hospital Chapel of St Mary & St Thomas

Abbess of Barking

place
48 Ilford Hill, Ilford, IG1 2AT
info_outline
Full disabled access, Refreshments, Toilets, Partial disabled access
Founded c1145 by the Abbess of Barking as a hospice for thirteen old and infirm men, the present building is 12C and 19C. Grade II* listed with many interesting monuments, including Burne-Jones windows.

Access

Saturday 22nd

Open 10am–4pm

Access to Chapel and courtyard.

Sunday 23rd

Open 1pm–4.30pm

Access to Chapel and courtyard

info_outline This building is open free of charge at other times of the year

Design

Original design
Abbess of Barking, 1145
Refurbishment
J M Burns, 1895
Type
Religious
Period
Medieval, Victorian, Historical/contemporary