The 2017 programme is now past. We will be launching the 2018 programme in July.

  • Bow Church and village in 1809
  • Bow Church in 1896
  • The cat in the east window designed by H. Lewis Curtis. Arthur Broome, founder of the RSPCA, was Rector of Bow 1820-24.
  • Interior of Bow Church showing the Tudor chancel roof, CR Ashbee's choir stalls, 1900, and the east window by H. Lewis Curtis, 1951.
  • West end of Bow Church
  • Memorial plaque for George Lansbury MP, member of Bow Church for over 40 years, unveiled by his granddaughter Dame Angela Lansbury in 2011
  • The medieval font, Bow Church, c.1410

Bow Church - St Mary's and Holy Trinity

C R Ashbee

place
Bow Road, E3 3AH
Medieval village church, restored in late 19C and after bomb damage in WWII. 15C font and memorials from five centuries. Grade II* listed. Refurbished for 700th anniversary in 2011; bell tower and cupola currently being restored.

Design

Original design
H S Goodhart-Rendel, C R Ashbee, Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings, H. Lewis Curtis, 1311
Landscape design
Metropolitan Parks and Gardens Association, 1895
Refurbishment
C R Ashbee, 1900
Restoration
H S Goodhart-Rendel, 1945
Type
Religious
Period
Medieval, Post-war, Historical/contemporary